Friday 3 April 2015

His Wierd Tastes...And Acts...

When the bike man stopped in front of the house, I was shocked. The first thought that came to my mind was that maybe my dad’s house has been moved, then reason kicked in and I was like it can not be.



“Abi Oga,” I asked the bikeman, “ no be Aisha be dis?


“Yes now, shebi na where you ask me make I bring you?”, he asked angrily.


“Ehn… but…” I was so confused.


At that moment, dad came outside the house and saw me, still perched on the motorcycle as if I am ready to flee.


“Ah! My daughter oo, she is back…fashion!” he squealed  excitedly, moving as fast as his short legs could.


“Dad” I greeted still with a confused look on my face. I finally paid the bike man and he hissed loudly as he drove away.


I walked towards my dad and said “seriously dad?”


He widened his eyes so innocently you would think I was about to accuse him of murder “what did I do again o?


“when I left, the house was light cream and deep brown, now it’s pink, deep cream, light cream and deep brown with a green roof!... pink dad! How can you use baby pink for goodness's sake?!”


“Oh, I like it, it’s what I want and by the way it looks more beautiful and cooler…”


 That is my dad. Things he does at times. Once I got back from school and met white plastic chairs in the sitting room.


“Dad, are you bringing in new chairs?”


He looked at me with surprise “why do you think so?”

“Well white chairs are not made for a sitting room dad”

He threw back his head and laughed “you are funny, aren’t they fine, and they are comfortable and grand too”

He went to sit on one to show me how good he looks on it.

“Your feet can’t even reach the floor dad”

“It is my house…”

Always the end of such conversations is “it is my money, or my house” and he would say it in such a way I would not be able to argue.

When you call dad and say

“Dad I need 5000 naira.”

“Is that all? You don’t want more money? “He would ask. “expect it tomorrow”

You would sigh happily and even blow him a kiss. The next he would call you and say the money is in your account. You would jump happily and use the last money on you to get to the bank. But, what is in your account? 

2500naira!

Ah… my dad is a character, but I am so damned lucky to have him and I really hope and pray I am able to do what I desire for him and mum. I can never, ever repay their sacrifices for me.

Appreciate your parents no matter what.




4 comments:

  1. Aaaaawwww
    Hope he gets to read this

    ReplyDelete
  2. "You would jump happily and use the last money on you to get to the bank, but what is in your account N2500"...hehehehe, this part got me!


    Parents...what would we do without them though.
    Lovely blog you've got here, thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete